Tuesday 23 March 2010

Follow up.

After yesterdays 80 I headed south east toward Wilby, Suffolk taking in the back roads through the Forncetts, Pulham St Mary and Harleston before climbing up from the pits at Weybred to approach my parent's home in Wilby along the grandly named though inauspicious, City Road.

Having a tea stop half way around is always a good motivator and I shall be basing my LEJOG cycle on the formula, breaking each day up into quarters to ensure that I give myself sufficient rest and time to enjoy some of the places that I pass through. Suffice to say that on this occasion the cake tins were robbed as usual and I was chased off the premesis in time for me to again make an 18:00 to minight RRV shift in Norwich.

So with 150 odd miles over two days I at least had an idea what two days in the saddle felt like. Nothing like 21 days and three mountains I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment