Thursday 22 April 2010

The birds haven't started singing.


You know when you're excited; a little like a kid on Christmas morning. Up rediculously early to take a look under the tree. The birds haven't even started singing, but I couldn't stay in bed any longer.

The first of many bowls of porridge consumed, the obligatory rice pudding packed ready for lunch and most importantly, the washing up from last night done. The last attempt to appease the conscience as I set out leaving George and Laura behind for three weeks. I know well enough who has the hardest task ahead and it isn't me.

Thank you all for your kind good luck messages and to Sams HQ for mobilizing your PR machine ahead of my arrival in various towns and cities along the route. Anything that can be done to publicize your work will only add to the sense of achievement from my end.

Oh, and thanks George for the cold! Kids!

I'm determined not to post too many photos of the bike in the next few weeks, but here's one to get me going. Booted and spurred and weighing a tonne.

2 comments:

  1. i have the cold too!! good luck and hope you get across to cornwall ok
    xxx
    lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon LB. Thank you for the music. It has been ace.

    To Paul..Good to have you along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete